Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The State of the Blog

There is a reason why I am not a professional blogger.  It is because I cannot stick to any sort of consistency as you will see by referencing my last blog post, published in February in preparation for Valentines Day.  Um, yeah.  So I kind of got lazy.  Yes, we've cooked...but just simple stuff that you probably wouldn't deem blog worthy.  Grilled salmon, roasted veggies, some sort of couscous/quinoa/rice dish.  {indulge in something sweet here}  Eat and repeat.  And honestly that's the way we prefer to eat around here, so why fight it?  


So here I am, with no recipe to share with you, wondering about the future of my blog.  I love to write, I love being in the kitchen and thinking/reading/learning about food, but I don't have a recipe to fill up every post, nor do I have the desire to cook something new that often.  I don't love photography; it's not a skill that comes naturally to me.  But I do love sharing life through photos and words so will continue to try to take more pictures on a daily basis.  

I've often thought about starting a new blog.  Ideas come and go, but in the future, I see a lifestyle blog with a focus on cooking, but not having that as the main subject.  More of a this-is-what-we-did-this-weekend, this-is-something-I've-been-thinking-about-a-lot-lately, here's-a-photo-of-a-meal-we-loved.  But the last thing I want is for my blog to come across as self absorbed; so as I work on finding a way to share these things publicly, I'll continue to pop in here on KA with updates until I find the right format.

Thanks for reading.  It means a lot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment